Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Food Making- Day 4 - Pears

First of all let me say how much I love pears.

Last year about hits time and earlier we (I the pregnant one) would go through about 8 pears a week. Maybe that's why I knew the Shenandoah would just eat em up! So when I got ready to make pears I knew they would be a hit even though I would have to NOT eat the pears so that I could make baby food with them.

So I went to the store to get an apple corer/wedge because after my APPLE experiences I knew it would make things go alot smoother!

1. Now with the appropraite tools in hand I washed, peeled, and cored the pears.
2. I then placed them in a baking dish with a small amount of water, covered with foil and baked for about 20-30 minutes.
3. When they had thoroughly steamed and gotten very tender, out of the oven and into the blender.
4. Puree.  With pears, because they are so juicy you may not even need any of the remaining water from cooking to thin out your baby food.
5. Place in containers and store.
6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment