Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Vampire Weekend

So good morning to you and happy 10 day weekend for me!
Due to inclement weather last week we here in the south have had an entire week off from school! HIP HIP.....

Today's thought: baking breads.
It surprises me how easy baking is (even though some recipes may take a little knowledge and practice) and how expensive store bought bread  is in comparison to how much it costs to make!
I believe I will be doing a lot more baking of all types of breads. Call me the equal opportunity bread baker...

I have recently had a large amount of time free and at home to love on my baby girl and also to try out some baking experiments.
I loved having time to try new things and do the things I wished I had time for. I was thrilled to visit my brother, sister-in-law and new baby niece and bring them two varieties of bread for recuoperation!
(I know when I was done laboring I was dead hungry and could have eaten an entire loaf of banana nut bread but I had never made it before!)

Here is a new creation from the snow days.

Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
2 1/2 c flour
1c brown sugar
1c granulated sugar
2 c pumpkin
3 or 4 over ripe bananas; mashed
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp soda
2 tbs powder
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 c butter;melted
3 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment